English teachers needed at TPR branches in China
Work in Office
American TPR English School
American TPR English School was established in 1992 and was the first English School in China to obtain ISO9001 certification. In its 26 years of development, TPR has established 22 branches and franchise schools in Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Dongguan and Chaozhou (all in Guangdong, southern China) and one in the north, in Baoding, about an hour from Beijing. TPR has a well-structured management system and a team of dedicated and experienced staff and teachers.
American TPR English School has adopted a specific and proven effective teaching method called Total Physical Response, TPR for short. It was developed in the United States as a language teaching method. At American TPR English School all classrooms are fitted with interactive smart boards with educational software for kindergarten kids, primary school children and middle school teens. For the training of adults, the School focuses on ‘Situation English’ and ‘Business English’.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please email the following to Crystal (***):
1. Your updated CV/resume
2. Your recent photo
3. Scanned copy of the info page of your passport
4. Scanned copy of your university degree
5. A reference letter from your last employer
6. Your phone number and a range of time that we can call to have a short phone interview with you. Please mention the name of the country and city where you will be available for the 20-minute phone interview.
Please visit our School website at http://***/english
Our office phone number is +86 (756) ***
1. Native English speakers from Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand South Africa and the USA.
2. Minimum qualification: A Bachelor's degree + two years’ teaching experience (or a TEFL / TESOL / TESL / CELTA certificate.)
3. Should be dynamic, have enthusiasm to teach English to different age groups and be open to experiencing a new culture.
Weekly Working Hours
Highlights of the contract for native English teachers
1. One year contracts (renewable every year)
Location: Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Chaozhou and Baoding
2. 21 teaching hours per week and no office hours
3. Rent-free furnished apartment (except for central Zhuhai)
4. Competitive salaries
5. Airfare allowance and performance bonus
6. Residence Permit (work visa) and Foreign Expert Certificate (work permit) will be provided for native English speakers
7. One month paid holidays every year
8. Medical insurance for accident and serious illness with limited coverage
9. Free Mandarin Chinese classes
10. Free outings: Hot springs, rafting, cultural sites, water parks, etc.
11. Free teacher training
12. Opportunities for overtime
13. Salary increment for each new one-year contract
Points about Zhuhai
1. Zhuhai is a Special Economic Zone and a key city in the PRD region, one of the fastest developing regions on earth.
2. It takes only 80 minutes by ferry from Hong Kong airport to Zhuhai or just 40 minutes drive from Hong Kong city to Zhuhai along the world’s longest sea-crossing bridge, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge.
3. Zhuhai has been awarded ‘The Best Model of International Residential Environment Improvement’ by the United Nations.
4. Zhuhai is the most livable city in China according to the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (2014).
5. Zhuhai borders Macau to the south and Zhongshan to the west and north.